Warnings have been issued about safe disposal of hot ashes after firefighters put out a wheelie bin fire in Kenilworth this morning (Monday May 14).
A crew from Kenilworth Fire Station was called to the fire on Ebourne Close at around 11.15am. The fire was put out with a hose reel.
The crew then urged people to ensure that hot coals and ashes have fully cooled before they are thrown away.
A spokesman said ashes had been 'carelessly discarded' the night before, which ended up causing the fire.
He added: "Had this fire occurred during the night the fire could have spread into the property and endangered the lives of the occupants."