Staff evacuated from council HQ in Leamington after smoke scare

Firefighters at Riverside House. Photo couresty of Kenilworth Fire Station.
Firefighters at Riverside House. Photo couresty of Kenilworth Fire Station.

Warwick District Council's Riverside House headquarters in Leamington has been evacuated this afternoon (Thursday December 13) after smoke was in a roof space triggered the building's alarm.

Firefighters had to cut the power to the building which means phone lines and the council's website are currently down.

Fire crews at Riverside House. Photo courtesy of Kenilworth Fire Station.

Fire crews at Riverside House. Photo courtesy of Kenilworth Fire Station.

Using the council's Twitter account, the authority's press team has said it would provide an update once this is all back up and running.

Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to the site at about 2pm yesterday

Two appliances attended after reports of a small fire.

The crews left the scene at about 3.15pm.