UPDATE: Electrical fault may have caused Lighthorne Heath house fire

editorial image

A house fire in Lighthorne Heath which started at midday today (Monday May 16) was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service received several 999 calls about a house fire in Edge Hill Road at 12.11pm.

Firefighters outside the house in Edge Hill Road, Lighthorne Heath

Firefighters outside the house in Edge Hill Road, Lighthorne Heath

Early indications suggest the fire was caused by an electrical fault in the utility room next to the kitchen of the two-storey terraced house.

One fire engine from Gaydon and one from Leamington attended, and upon arrival the crews requested a further fire engine to assist. A second fire engine from Leamington was then mobilised.

Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control after breathing apparatus teams arrived.